I have a site admin for Confluence. When I create a space, I would like it to have the default space permissions. However, I couldn't find the place to set the Default Space Permission.
I am the only site admin for the site and belong to group site-admins. I can do pretty much everything except default space permission. seems like a glitch.
When I click user management I can manage user fine.
Hi @Andy Vo
According to this documentation:
To set the default space permissions:
Default permissions are configurable for groups only, not for individual or anonymous users.
Regards, Dominic
I did check out that instruction but I can't find Space Permissions.
After clicking Settings, I saw User management, Billing, system, products, projects, Issues and Apps.
I recall being able to edit default space permissions in the past I can't seem to find a link to access it. I am not sure if somehow I remove a permission I had or the link has been removed in cloud version.
What happens when you try this link?
https://<<your-instance>>.atlassian.net/wiki/admin/permissions/viewdefaultspacepermissions.action
It shows a page titled "Not Permitted"
If you think you should have access, try asking the person who sent you here for help
I am the only site admin and belong to the group site-admins, so I don't know how I can increase my permission further.
This is what I see when I clicked the cogwheel. Clicking the link you sent result in Not Permitted page.
So it really seems you don't have any permission to change the default space permissions. You should contact an administrator of the confluence instance.
What do you get when you click the "user management" link?
This is very strange. To be honest I'm stumped now...
Since you are a standard cloud user, I would suggest you to raise a support ticket and check with atlassian.
You can raise a support ticket here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
Hope they can help you. Sorry, I couldn't help you more.
Thanks for your help. From that link there are only two options: Explore Community and View Documentation
I will see if I can email the Atlassian directly
Actually I just figured it out.
Go to "Product Access" then click "Administrator access" tab then add myself to Confluence admin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.