How can the mail handler be used when IMAP and POP3 protocols are switched off?
Not really. I am assuming you are using some enterprise product for mail, with a proprietary access method (Exchange/outlook anyone)
Jira needs some way to access the mailbox. IMAP and POP3 are the two standard ways of doing it. As far as I know you are going to need one of them available.
I have a similar issue where my IT department will not enable IMAP or POP on the exchange server.SMTP is setup for outgoing emails, but I need something other than IMAP or POP for incoming mail handlers.
Is there a plugin or workaround that I could use?
In the strict "workaround" category. spin up a small mail server on your jira server. Forward the mails from your exchange server to the mail server you control. Connect Jira to that mail server.
make sure you set up a server side rule to do the forwarding, so that it will run without needing to have the mail client connected.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.