Is it possible to create a space template using the Legacy Editor or only the new Editor?
Hi Sue,
Unfortunately creating new space templates with the legacy editor is no longer possible. You can create individual blank pages using the legacy editor by selecting the legacy editor template on page create.
Are there any particular features of the legacy editor that you need on templates that aren't available in the new editor? I can make sure we have these accounted for in feature requests for the new editor.
Thanks,Daniel | Atlassian Support
I'm having the same issue. I need paragraph text and a single column layout.
I produce user documentation in Confluence. I cannot switch to the new editor because I need new pages to look the same as existing pages. I use several features in the legacy editor that are not available in the new editor.
Having templates ONLY use the new editor makes this feature useless to me.
My job is to make sure thousands of wiki pages are findable, usable, consistent and friendly. In short, I try to "make Confluence not look like Confluence". With the right combination of workarounds and cludges, the legacy editor allowed me to do this to some level. The new editor adds a whole new layer of obstacles to try to keep this up.
A terrible workaround: duplicate an existing, older page that had been created using the old template; then rename and edit.
I'm also having the same frustration. I never use the new templates, I've resorted to using the legacy page template, then updating it with the features I need. I can't stand the new templates. They are very cumbersome and hard to read. Also the tables in the new templates are much more frustrating to work with than the legacy tables.
We also face the same problem here: for years now the new editor does not have all the needed features (tables customizations, multi-level lists, panel at any list level, big box for attached files, ...) from the legacy editor and at the pace the gap is reduced I cannot see when it will so it is useless to create a template with the new editor and have the generated page locked with the new editor.
If you also need to be able to create templates using the legacy editor, please vote for this item: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69945
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.