I am new to Jira admin and I am looking to only allow a specific person access to check/uncheck a custom field checkbox. The checkbox is something that I have already created and assigned to specific projects. Thanks!
Hi @cpeahota - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
There is no real field level security in Jira. But here's somewhat of a workaround.
Change the edit screen to remove the custom field for the Edit screen.
Then create a transition in your workflow from one transition to another or a transition that loops back to itself.
Attach a transition screen with the custom field in the screen.
Then place a condition on the transition to only allow a certain person to execute the transition.
This will not prevent persons from changing via Bulk change screens through.
Thanks for the reply, @John Funk , that is something I would need to research, as I have not worked with Workflows. I did, however, see a video on the ScriptRunner add-on (looks really cool). Could I accomplish my goal using that tool? I was just curious about that.
Not familiar with ScriptRunner enough to know if it can or can't.
@John Funk when you say to " Attach a transition screen with the custom field in the screen.", are you saying to create a new screen with only that custom field in it?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.