Background:
The original SQLServer database was setup with a particular collation. this worked just fine until we tried to do an upgrade to 4.6.1 and we received and error that SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS is not supported and that we need to change our collation to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS. We created a new database with the new collation. We exported the data from the old database and imported it into the new database.
Problem:
The data is not there - meaning, the data seems to be correctly imported into the database, but I no longer see my projects or my data. I believe I have close to 1.5 years amount of work int to the Jira Service Desk instance.
I tried to migrate back (point to the old database), but I still do not see my data. I see some of the theme customizations that I did (I assume these are part of some CSS file that is stored locally).
Possible Issues:
The person that did my migration changed the system to use https vs. http. I get a message when I log in that: "Jira's base URL is set to: http://xxx.xxx.xxx:8080, but you are accessing Jira from https://xxx.xxx.xxx:8443. Update Jira's base URL."
Questions:
1. What did we do wrong?
2. Can we retrieve the data or am I stuck trying to recreate what I have already done?
3. Is this problem due to the database or the URL?