I want to delete a board from a project and I can't figure out, where this is possible.
Agile board can be deleted easily. Just go to Agile drop down -> Manage Boards. Then you should see the delete board button on each board entry,
Rahul
Thank you very much. I had searched everywhere but there. -> for me the idea wasn't intuitive, that the boards are managed above the project structure.
Rahul, if I delete a Kanban Board that is sharing issues with a Scrum Board (I created the Kanban board copying it from the project), will this delete the issues in both Boards?
No it wont. Agile boards are only a view. Issues will be preserved in the underlying database.
Boards -> View all boards -> row with your board -> ellipsis menu to far -> delete
Best Answer
In the new interface just search for boards with a search button.
Hi. My situation is similar. The team has accidentally created a second scrum board for an existing project. Now they want to delete board 2 and retain board 1. If I delete board 2, I'm afraid it would affect / delete the project's issues (stories, bugs, etc...). Can someone confirm that I can delete board 2 without affecting anything please. Thanks in advance for your help
deleting boards have no effect on issues. The board is simply a filter display of issues.
SUPER! Thanks for confirming
https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa
Thanks!
All other answers worked probable fine for the old interface, so I guess we have to get used to the search button... a spotlight finding your way through the JIRA Clouds.
Perfect navigating to this url directly let me delete the boards, but how are users supposed to find this without looking in support forums, theres no easy navigation within Jira. The docs says nothing useful (or it's too hard to find) and searching the docs for 'Delete Board' returns 100 articles that doesn't answer this simple question. Coming from TargetProcess I'm puzzled why so many recommend Jira, it doesn't do much to win me over.
You're welcome Maik!:-)
JIRA is changing so often and so dramatically it is hard to keep pace, even as a power user.
They have committed a lot of crimes against UX under the banner of creating a clean UI
Yep. Totally agree ^
I don't think this works in the new July 2017 UI
Thanks 遠藤 一臣
That link is what I needed.
Can't believe that the UI team overlooked adding such an important feature to the new UI!
Anyhow, If there's a active Sprint associated to this board cannot be deleted. I don't like that.
Perfect answer.. Thanks!
I like the scary Active Sprint delete warning. I can show folks how dangerous it is to create a board without the Admin. ☺
I’ve been using an odd workaround for deleting a 2nd board with an active Sprint on the 1st board.
Just change the board’s query.
Usually the Filter Query is like:
project = MyProject ORDER BY Rank ASC
Change it with
Board Settings -> General and filter -> Filter -> Edit Filter Query
to
project = MyProject AND text ~ "DeleteMyBoardRandomText" ORDER BY Rank ASC
The board will be empty, now you can delete it. It’s worked so far, maybe I’ve been lucky?
Hi @Daniel Bols
No lucky, that really works!!!
Thanks for bringing this up!!
so bad UX, i went to the board settings page, the board page itself and from those two there is no easy way to get to the boards master page....so strange.
Can anyone tell me how to delete a board please?
Hi @Vincent Kurutza,If you are using the new layout, search for the board name, but click on view all boards.You will get to the board's list where you can click on the (...) on the right of each board and delete them.
Good luck!
Awesome thanks!
Worked! Thank you V.
Where is "Agile" drop down?
Holy smokes they hide this functionality.
1. Click on Search
2. Type in board
3. Click the Button Boards at the bottom of the returned results.
4. From the list that is displayed find the board you want to delete. At the far right of the entry/row will be three dots ...
5. Click the ... icon and select Delete. Answer the user friendly pop-up Yes or OK and that will do it.
So logical.. oh well, thank you!
I agree with you Eckart! This is bonkers. Going to "View All" to manage the boards is... well, it's just a bad UX all 'round.
For all newcomers
All boards listed on the page https://YOURDOMAIN.atlassian.net/jira/boards
There you can easily manage them (delete, edit, copy...)
There is no delete button anywhere. I want to delete previous projects that I was following. Any ideas on that maybe?
You can navigate to yourdomainname/jira/boards. You will be able to see a list of boards you have created.Click on the menu icon and you can see the delete option over there.Please let me know if you still need help. We can connect online.
I'm sorry in advance because it might be something completely different from this thread.
The boards are not mine, I just want to delete them from my projects and not follow them anymore.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.