I am trying to add a MS O365 email address to the 'Connect custom email'. I keep getting the error "Your connection was unsuccessful - Unfortunately Jira couldn't connect (blah) mail server said: "AUTHENTICATE failed."
I have disabled/re-enabled the email request option.
I have confirmed MFA is not enabled.
I have logged into this account with a browser, using incognito/private browsing multiple times to OWA.
I have reset the account password and tried again. Browser works, JIRA connect does not.
We do have the 'block legacy authentication' enabled from within O365, which would disable (IMAP, POP, SMTP)
However, we are trying to use the 'Microsoft' connector, which hopefully uses OWA or Exchange Active Sync??
Last - It is a pretty standard account name "TestITSupport@mycompany.net" which is 100% O365 online with no on-premise infrastructure, no on-premise firewalls...etc. We are a cloud-only solution.
Thanks
NOTE - Updated at 10:52 with some new info.