Hi,
For the view operation I have defined a screen where the priority field is not there. still when I view an issue the priority field is visible.
is this ok? is not this a bug?
thanks
Some fields like priority are hard coded in the view screen and not driven by screen schemes. I guess you can still hide it in the field configuration schemes. Can you try that?
Possibly. Even if you remove the field from the screen, if it still has data, it will still appear.
Can you check an issue that does not have a priority defined?
yes, you are right...you can hide it in the field configuration scheme but it does not depend if the field is on the screen or not...
not this seems like a bug to me...how do I know what fields are hardcoded and which are not...
it is very confusing... thery are hardcoded for the view page of an issue...not for the adding of an issue...on the form for creating an issue the fields do not appear...but they appear on the view page of the issue...is not this very strange and confusing for the regular administrator?
Well, I spoke from my experience of seeing it in the templates earlier. But @Nic said it right.
From our JIRA 5.1.3, we already hide priority field from field configuration and screen which associated to that issue type, but it is still display on Issue view page.
Yes, that's what Jobin said.
any resolution on this issue ? I( would like to remove the priority from my bug view screen.
It's not changed.
I found a way to hide it through field configuration... so that it wont show up.
Can you please mention how that is done?
I did a 'hide' on the default configuration. Which did hide the field from all views. This may not be the solution you are looking for.
I can confirm your approach. If you hide it there it will not show up in other views, even if you set it in
Is there any other workaround?
Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - maybe you can help me?
I have created a request type called "Feedback". I do not want the "Priority" field to show up anywhere within this workflow.
None of the transition screens or create/view/edit screens I created have the "Priority" field included, but when I go to test the view you get when you create a "Feedback" ticket, I can still see the "Priority" field! How do I remove it? I feel like I've checked every setting as to where it may have been included but I can't seem to find it!
I'm still pretty new to Jira so any help you could offer would be much appreciated. Thank you!
If you could tell me all the pages within Jira administration that could possibly affect what fields (both custom and system) show up that would be great too - that way I can check all of them to make sure they are set up properly. Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.