I'm trying to filter a Customer attribute that supports !~ operator. I want to filter out issues where the Customer contains "Internal" so as to only get to true Customer issues. These issues are imported into Jira from another system where Customer is a required attribute, so if it's not an actual customer issue it is created with a variant on "Internal" as customer name. There are a few different "Internal" customers that issues are generated against, but that term is present in all non-customer issues.
My problem is that including "customer !~ "INTERNAL"" in my query is also excluding any customers with "International" within the name. How can I make the !~ either only exclude items matching the ENTIRE word "Internal" or pick the specific customer values that I'm trying to exclude? ("!=" and "not in" are not valid syntax for this attribute. It only supports ~, !~, is, and is not.)