Many of my colleagues reported that their comments disappeared after they were posted to JIRA. However, I did not find any saving and deleting logs in the activity. Any ideas?
Hi @Shawn
Comments don't have as much of an audit trail as other fields - but whilst creation and editing are not in the issue history, deleting should come up.
Check on an issue where a comment has disappeared - view the issue history and look for where a comment has been modified from the comment text to blank - this is tracking the deletion.
See if there is evidence of this and if not - let us know.
Personally, I set the permission scheme to not allow deletion of comments - but I'd suggest at least ensuring users don't have permission to delete each other's comments.
Ste
I didn't see any blank in the issue history.
Are you on the new or old issue view?
If the new view (including on Next-Gen) it actually states "<User> deleted a Comment"
If you cannot locate where a comment is edited to blank, perhaps look for "deleted" in the history instead.
I didn't see "deleted".
Why can't I upload screenshot in this ticket? I want to show you the screenshot.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.