I inherited the administration of an instance of Jira Cloud which had the ServiceDesk plugin installed. After some review, we discovered that a simple Jira project would have met their needs - they weren't using any of the features of Jira ServiceDesk. The former folks with admin permissions who installed the plugin didn't really administer Jira. No thought was put into the impact of the installation. No documentation. Possible they've reused behind the scenes content as part of other Jira core projects too.
At this point I need to uninstall the plugin, but given the haphazard manner in which Jira Cloud and ServiceDesk were used... I'd like to understand what impacts this will have. Is anyone aware of any documentation at all that discussed what happens when Service Desk is uninstalled? Looking for details of what admin configurations will disappear. I'm already planning to take measures to export the data in the single SD project to preserve it. Would also accept installation documentation if it detailed out what fields/issue types/workflows/etc. are part of ServiceDesk! I've searched and can't find anything... at this point I feel I will need to resort to a stare & compare process of the admin config screens and look for descriptions that say 'installed by Jira ServiceDesk'.
Any online resources anyone can provide would be very beneficial! TIA!