I turned on our Service Desk today and the email route was working at first but it has since stopped. Is there anything that I should update? I've already checked the setting below:
Hello @Jessica Hitchens
Thank you for reaching out.
We have a useful KB to properly troubleshoot issues with the email channel in Jira Service desk:
- How to troubleshoot issues with the email channel
Since your problem is that the issues are not being created through e-mail, I suggest the following steps first:
Check the email connection.
Verify that the customer has permission to email your service desk.
Verify that the default request type for the email channel has visible Summary and Description fields.
Verify that the Email puller is on in Global mail settings.
If the associated email inbox is in Office 365, it might be because an attachment on the request is larger than 2MB. This is a known issue with Office 365. To resolve it, try resizing the attachment.
If the associated email is AOL, the AOL mail server might reject the mail. This is because the Atlassian Cloud mail server is not a fully-qualified domain name (FQDN). We recommend that you don't use AOL email addresses with your service desk.
Additionally, take a look at the mentioned KB and let us know if the steps did not work for you.
@Petter Gonçalves
Thank you for the response!
1. I checked the email connection section. There is not an option to get a TEST email.
2. The setting is for anyone to be able to send a request to the email.
3. Summary and Description are there for the email request and are visible.
4. Email puller is on in Global Settings. I turned off and turned back on but it is still not working.
5. The issue is not with attachments as even requests sent via email with attachments are not being created in service desk.
@Petter Gonçalves looking at the log, the emails are showing this:However, this was a test email that I sent to the desk.
@Petter Gonçalves Actually after further investigation - it seems that if I send directly to support@unboxedtechnology.atlassian.net it works but emails sent to a distribution that this email is a part of are not working.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.