I am not able to create "classic" Service Desk project. I can only create next-gen Service Desk Projects.
I've found a solution!
@Yuri Maciel @Petter Gonçalves
I was reading the announcement for early access to ITSM templates when I stumbled across the solution...
I've now confirmed this on two separate sites I administer. The following steps will restore all classic service desk templates.
<your site name>.atlassian.net/jsd-itsm
I believe Atlassian's build/deployment to enable early access to the ITSM template included a bug that bjorked being able to see "classic service desk templates".
I should also note that I administer 3 sites total, and 1 of the three already had a classic service desk. On that site, classic templates never disappeared. It's the only difference I can see that might explain the disappearance on the other two.
(Edited grammar mistakes)
Hello @Yuri Maciel
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
In order to create a Classic project in your Jira Cloud application, your user must have the Administer Jira global permission.
That being said, please check if your user is in any group added with the Administer Jira permission under Jira Settings > System > Global Permissions. If you are not a site-admin or Jira-admin, please ask someone with those privileges to check and properly set your user with that permission.
To know more about global permissions, please check the documentation below:
Managing global permissions
If your user has the mentioned global permission but is still facing this problem, please let us know if any message or error is returned when you try to create a new classic project.
Hello @Petter Gonçalves thanks for your answer.
As I can see I am under the site-admin and jira-admin group under global permissions.
I get no error, the case is that the "IT service desk" is not available, for "classic projects". In other words, when I select "Create project", the IT service desk doesn't show up.
Thank you for your details.
That's a really strange behavior. Please, try the steps below to further troubleshoot the issue:
1 - What happens when you click on Switch To > Service desk? Can you try to create a service desk project in the redirected page?
2 - Check the please check under User management > Product access if your user is properly configured with the Service desk product access, as described in the documentation below:
Groups and product access
3 - Try to logout, and log back in with a different browser.
Let us know if the steps above helped you.
@Petter Gonçalves I'm also having this problem, and having tried all the steps suggested I still see "No templates found" when trying to create a Classic Service Desk project. I also only see "Software" and "Business" in the templates drop down for classic projects.
May be this thread helps you
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/No-Templates-Found-for-Jira-Service-Desk-Classic/qaq-p/1238160
Hello Matt, thank you very much. Indeed with these steps, now I am able to see "classic" service desk templates.
Thank you for sharing this knowledge!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.