I wanted to create a read-only user for our on-demand JIRA (v7.0.9) in order to login as this user during our morning stand up meetings. This avoids anyone accidentally making changes during these meetings.
I attempted to create this read-only user as follows:
- Created a group named readers
- Added this group to Applications -> Application access
- Created a permissions scheme named Readers in Issues -> Permission schemes
- Assigned the following permission to this scheme: Browse Projects <Group (readers)>, View Read-Only Workflow<Group (readers)>, View Voters and Watchers<Group (readers)>
- Created the read-only user and added them to the new readers group
- Removed this new user from the jira-software-users group
Once I did this, I successfully logged-in as the new read-only user and navigated to the Active sprints view of our JIRA Board. This displayed all the stories / sub-tasks as expected. However, I was still able to move sub-tasks from one swim lane to another, edit sub-tasks, etc.
Have I missed some fundamental step here or is what I want just not possible at all in JIRA?