For a few years now I've been using webhooks to hit an endpoint on my server (a digitalocean droplet) that git-pulls and then builds my frontend compiled .js files. I use PHP for backend and React/Svelte for front. This has been fairly janky and insecure throughout the years. Now I'm on a new server that doesn't have enough RAM to run the build command, so I look to Pipelines.
All I want to do is this:
- When I push to Master, run npm run build on the repo.
- Do a git pull on my server through Pipelines, getting all the new files from the push and the newly compiled .js file. I'm aware this should require an SSH Key, which I have.
Very simple, no automated testing. But I've gone through docs and I've watched a 30-minute video where people just seem to skip the whole "actually go to server" part. And maybe this is why: https://www.deployhq.com/ Do I really need another service to push to my server?
I have a pipeline working, I just don't know what to do with the final compiled .js file.