Hello,
I'm setting JIRA up for the first time in my life. I'm following the instructions but every time I test the connection, it times out and gives me the following error:
- SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
Based on some solutions I've read, I've attempted to increase the timeout amount from 10000 to 20000 but still times out.
For the SMTP Host, I'm trying to connect to my organization's email. I need this set up so I can send notifications to the added users so they may log into the JIRA server.
Please someone kindly advise on next steps.

Log:
An error has occurred with sending the test email:
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception reading response;
nested exception is:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at com.atlassian.mail.server.impl.SMTPMailServerImpl.sendWithMessageId(SMTPMailServerImpl.java:222)
at com.atlassian.mail.server.impl.SMTPMailServerImpl.send(SMTPMailServerImpl.java:159)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.webwork.SendTestMail.doExecute(SendTestMail.java:95)
at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:165)
at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:63)
at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39)
at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed(NestedInterceptorChain.java:31)
at webwork.interceptor.ChainedInterceptor.intercept(ChainedInterceptor.java:16)
at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:35)
at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:225)
at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:154)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.service(JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.java:138)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741)
.... [100+ lines after this]