I'd have thought this is a pretty basic need - go to a user and be shown what spaces they can access. Am I missing something?
Hi Chris,
Thanks for contacting us about this.
It's a bit more difficult than going to one place because it depends on individual permissions and also group permissions, and a user could be in multiple groups.
When a one of your users log in, they can go to the Spaces menu in the sidebar, and they'll be able to see all the spaces they have view access to:
Additionally, when they click + to create a new page (link: Create, Edit, and Publish), under the Select Space menu, they should see a list of spaces they have access to create pages in.
If one of your users can't see a space that they're supposed to have access to, I recommend checking both Global Permissions and the individual Space Permissions to see if there might be anything preventing them from accessing that space.
If you need a hand, please let me know, and I can help out.
Regards,
Shannon
Shannon Hi,
To piggy back of the earlier question, I have a new hire and I want to mirror her Confluence cloud access on her team mates. In Confluence server, I can run a query against the DB, is there a way to find that out in Cloud or its a question for Atlassian support to run the query for me.
Thank You
Hi @kayode.faith,
Cloud products manage product access differently than our Server and Data Center products. A database query won't work here.
You can set the default access for new users following Update product access settings. Refer to the Give new users product access section to learn how you can determine default access for new hires.
I hope this helps, but if you need further advice, I recommend raising a new question, so your question doesn't get missed.
Take care!
Hey @Shannon S so you are telling us the following:For Server Version there is a way, "For auditing or administration purposes, an administrator may want to see which spaces a given user can access (i.e. at least have view permissions)" as shown inhttps://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-list-which-spaces-a-user-can-access-321258272.htmlBut For Cloud Version there is not?So does Attlassian think there are no "auditing or administration purposes" this could come in handy?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.