Hi, I am using confluence since a couple of days and I am not able to link in the table of content to the headlines followed later on the same site. I only can link to another page.
Does anybody know how to link to another topic on the same site?
Hello @Christopher Jeckl !
As I understand, you need to link your table of contents to the headers on your page. By reading your question, I believe that you need to create anchors to specific parts of your pages. Anchors work as a way to reach a specific part of the page.
If this is what you need to achieve, we can go ahead and use the Table Of Contents macro. Here, take a look in the documentation:
[Confluence Cloud] Table of Contents macro
Here is an excerpt of what the macro does:
The Table of Contents macro scans the headings on the current Confluence page to create a table of contents based on those headings. This helps readers find their way around lengthy pages, by summarizing the content structure and providing links to headings.
Now, if you need to manually create anchors to specific parts of your page, the new editor only allows this to be done with headings. When you create a heading, there will be an option exactly on the left side of said heading that allows you to copy a link pointing straight at itself.
Here we have more details on links, headings, and anchors:
[Confluence Cloud] Insert Links and Anchors
The following links are for customers from our Server Platform. I am adding them here in case someone else from server falls into our thread while searching for the same topic:
[Confluence Server] Table of Contents macro [Confluence Server] Anchors [Confluence Server] Links
I hope this helps! Looking forward to your reply.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.