In my epic I've got a task which doesn't have a fix. Rather, I can suggest a workaround.
How should I perform that?
I know there's issue type "Workaround" but I couldn't make my Task a Workaround.
Rather than using an issue type Workaround as it is already an issue type Task, how about having a resolution called "Not fixed but workaround available" or "Workaround available" or something like that. You would need to create this resolution. Basically, when you resolve a task, a screen would pop up with a resolution. You can mark the resolution as Workaround available or somethingIf there's no screen showing when resolving a task, you would need to add a resolve screen to the transition. Here's a guide to help you with that.A good example is the Atlassian Bug portal. For example - JSWCLOUD-15222 See that it has a workaround section in the description. A task is closed with resolution answered. You can apply the same concept for your project.
Thanks for the answer. I'm using customized Jira Software and I don't have permission to edit those fields. But that would be the solution otherwise.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.