I have a standard JIRA setup in the cloud, standard in that i havent made any changes to it. I want to add a request using the API which i am able to do. I now want to set the priority but i cant do it. I have searched a lot of discussions but cannot see what i am doing wrong. Clearly something is not set correctly in JIRA. In POSTMAN i am sending this
{
"serviceDeskId": "1",
"requestTypeId": "1",
"requestFieldValues": {
"summary": "User unable to send emails",
"priority": {
"name": "High"
},
"description": "The user is unable to send emails and receives an error message."
}
}
and get this
Unable to create request because of theses errors : The field 'priority' is not valid for this request type 'IT help
if i remove the priority all works well. I have added (to my knowledge) priority to the screen so i can see it if i add a manual request however using the API doesnt do it!
Please help!