Hi,
is it possible to avoid the access to greenhopper boards for some users or groups or roles?
On Rapid Board there are Share Permissions which helps but what on planning and taskboard?
Thanks.
Dirk
Greenhopper is aimed at projects, not users, so you can't really do that. It's not really a good idea anyway - you don't want group A of users happily doing everything in a Greenhopper way, and then group B asking "what are they doing and why and how?". Unified and consistent view is a much better way to do it.
Of course, there's no harm in killing it off for projects that only need/want the core Jira functionality, but I really don't think it should be a user-based decision.
I think you'll need to delve into the code to disable it on a user basis.
Hm,
the usecase: internal users can use greenhopper but customers should'nt...
I also would like to have only the rapid board editable by group not by project. If I have multiple scrum teams I want everyone to be able to view everything but I dont want someone not a part of the scrum team messing around dragging and dropping issues where they dont belong. Hence edit only for group permission.
Edit, as you describe, is a slightly different matter. Forget Greenhopper for now and look at the project. If you have users who only have "browse" permissions in the project, then GH will respect those. They'll be able to see GH, set up and use their configs and so-on, but they won't actually be able to change anything, including dragging issues around. (On a complexity note - the dragging is controlled by your workflow, so you need to make sure there are conditions on your workflow transitions - something like "user must be in the role of a developer in the project" is a good generic one)
The only probelm is I have multiple Rapid Boards, One per scrum team. So I want only who is in that scrum team to be able to access only their own board not the other teams boards. I think the best way to do this is by only sharing a rapid board between a group lets say scrum team 4. So scrum team 4 can only edit issues in scrum team 4 rapid board but can also view but not edit other scrum teams rapid boards. I would simply make scrum team groups for each scrum team. Is this not possible?
I don't think it is - you're thinking of the boards as separate entities, but they're not, they're representations of the same underlying data. If you change something on one board, it'll reflect in all of them.
If you don't want a group to use a particular view, just tell them "here's a better one for you" and direct them at their own board.
Dirk -
This is also being discussed over here. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/69483/how-do-i-remove-agile-tab-for-other-users-of-jira
If interested, email me at ellen@appfusions.com and I can bring you and the other poster together for best approach/cost on this. We've already spec'd it .. could get done this week even.
(Ideally, a supported plugin that has a life on marketplace.atlassian.com.)
Let me know if interested.
Best,
Ellen
>is it possible to avoid the access to greenhopper boards for some users or groups or roles?
No. the is a setup in system settings where one could enable Agile on project basis, but to no avail. - bug.
Gear->Plugins->JIRA Agile->Enabled projects.
One of the way to overcome this is to not let your Customer log in into jira and use SD plugin instead. (they still logged in but have Customer Portal UI)
But it's advantage is it's disadvantage - it's tooo simple.
p.s. right now is looking for a hack to remove "Agile" button on any basis. I expect to find it shortly :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.