Hi,
I'm using Atlassian Jira Project Management Software (v8.3.4#803005), Project Type = Software, using a JIRA server (please no Cloud answers, thank you). We set up a simple workflow for software development that mimics the SDLC and are using it with the JIRA Kanban board. The workflow was set up using "Software Simplified Workflow Scheme" and "Kanban Issue Type Scheme" which is what we have access to.
General Steps to create tasks for our Kanban Board:
- Create an issue using the 'Create' button (to create new issues) in the blue bar at the top of the screen - issues start in 'Backlog'.
- Move issue through the different stages (or columns on Kanban board) starting with 'Dev - In Progress' until it gets to 'Done'.
Once we get to 'Done', our issue stays 'open' because we can't figure out how to set 'Resolution' to either 'Resolved' or 'Fixed' and/or somehow get it off our "Open Issues" list.
After wracking my brain and reading lots (and lots!) of posts and Atlassian Help Pages, I'm beginning to wonder if our workflow is incorrect. I've seen workflows with 'Open' and 'Closed' and workflows without. At this point, we just want to get fixed/done issues off of the Open Issues list. It's confusing for folks watching our project to see issues that were taken care of, sometimes months ago, still appearing in our 'Open Issues' list. We don't have access to JIRA Admin or backend things like Add Post functions or anything like that.
2 questions:
- Is our workflow correct?
- Can you suggest what we can do to get closed/done/resolved issues off the 'Open Issues' list?
I've attached screenshots of our Issue Details, a test I did with adding a status 'Resolved' (which loops back to 'Done') and our workflow.
Many thanks for your assistance,
Fran


