Update: I continued to play around with this, and found that if I picked up the parent task and ran its (1) children through bulk edit, transitioning through workflow (from done->done), it solved the issue.
This seem like a bug to me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've looked at other similar questions, but the answers don't seem to apply.
I'm using "next gen" jira on atlassian.net. I'm trying to close my third sprint. Every story+task is in "Done" state. When I click to close the sprint, there's a dialog saying:
"Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on the following issues:",
It points to issue CUR-20, which indeed does have one subtask (CUR-22), but both CUR-20 and CUR-22 are marked Done. I don't see a way around this. I've set the status values on both tasks to in progress, and then back to Done - no joy. I've tried the suggestions on similar questions, to no avail. One of those points me to setting the Resolution - but in next gen, there doesn't seem to be a way to set a Resolution (or display one other than as a choice in the Advanced Search). There's no "admin panel".