I have been following this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/installing-jira-applications-on-linux-938846841.html
and no matter what I try, no matter where I look, absolutely nothing appears on localhost:8080. I'm trying to install Jira on an AWS EC2 (I've tried t2.micro, t3.small, t3.medium), but all I get is the attached image. Can someone please help?
I found out what happened. I was using AWS and the security group was only configured to only traffic into port 22. When I opened the other ports, I was able to see Jira in the web browser.
Hi @Sam ,
Did you check that the process is running?
And could you check the logs , if there are some messages that might help.
I should mention I'm new to Linux; how would I check that the process is running?
The attached image is what I see when I check the logs:
Also, I'm trying to install Jira Software 7.8.2, if that makes a difference.
The strangest part is that I don't get any error messags, but still nothing appears. I don't know where else to look for error messages; which directories would recommend starting with?
If Jira was never up I would not worry about a missing dbconfig.xml - it would have been created in the next step, through Setup Wizard (which you cannot reach currently via browser if I got you right).
Here is some more documentation about connection to the database - which not necessarily is the current culprit.https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-jira-applications-to-a-database-938846850.htmlCheers,Daniel
Thank you for sending that, Daniel! I noticed that MySQL 8 wasn't listed in the article you provided; does that mean that MySQL 8 isn't completely compatible with Jira?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.