Hello, I want to create a trigger that will change the status to 'reply received' when someone replies to a ticket by email. How do I do that?
Hi
Consider you have 'reply received' status in your desired workflow and have transitioned from the status which you are waiting for reply form customers, Go to <jira-url>/servicedesk/admin/<project-key>/automation and click on Transition on comment.
There are lots of configurations there you can use. If you explain your problem more, I could help you with more details.
I check the Cloud version. The same exists, and you could find it in the project setting.
I'm new at making transitions and status changes and am not a developer, so my knowledge is limited. In my typical scenarios, I only have a parent issue and no child issues. I want to force a status change from any status to 'reply received' when either a customer or an outside person replies to a ticket. I don't see how to create that type of action.
Thank you.
Is it a classic service desk project or Next-Gen one?
The following guide is valid for classics. If you have any trouble, let me know.
Add a new status to your workflow with the name "reply received". Workflow editing is available from here:
https://<yoursitename>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/workflows/ListWorkflows.jspa
and after editing, it looks like this:
Then
Go to the project setting and find automation on the menu. Then you see there are some preset rules. Pick the one with this name: Comment updates reply status and edit it or create a new.
If it's not clear enough yet let give me a WhatsApp call or Anydesk remote to help you more with it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.