My edit format has changed. I am no longer able to click "do not notify watchers". It seems that option has disappeared.
I don't need to notify everyone if I fix a typo. Has someone found a solution?
Hi @hr,
Welcome to Atlassian Community.
For a new page that has not yet been published yet you cannot choose the option to publish without notifying watchers. If you have already created the page and then edit it you should see this under the ellipsis:
I don't want to go to a sub-menu every time, I want to click the top-level publish button or an equivalent keyboard shortcut. Is this possible?
Ctrl+Shift+Enter then you have the notification check box.
Ctrl+enter pusblish with notifications
Ctrl+shift+enter pusblish with revision comment + checkbox notifications
but I can't find any shortcut to direclty publish without revision comment and without sending notification ? I think there's a missing shortcut there. Can't we imagine one like ctrl+alt+enter ? (dont know if we can inside of chrome)
There's obviously a need to be able to create pages without notifying watchers. How do we either 1) let the devs know we want this or 2) jump on the bandwagon of an already-existing request?
+10000000
can someone please provide an update?
Kind of an old post, but I think I've been able to get around this on our self-hosted version of Confluence by publishing the initial page with privacy settings such that only I have access to the page. After that, I can open up visibility settings, and publish edits without notifying watchers.
Ugh...I don't have access to these settings. Why must they insist on broadcasting to the customers every little change people make?
These are the settings I have, FWIW:
And after initial publish, this:
Yeah, sadly, the lock doesn't appear for us.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.