Hello everyone,
I have a subtask workflow in which I want to create another subtask under the same parent ticket during a specific transition.
Please see below for an example of the "original" subtask workflow I'd like to create the second subtask from.
Subtask 1: [status 1] --transition 1--> [status 2] --transition 2 {create subtask 2 via post function under same parent ticket}--> [status 3] --transition 3--> [close]
Is this doable?
We already have the JSU and Workflow Essentials plugins, but they only allow auto creation of subtasks off of parents and not from transitions within subtasks. I could create a linked issue, but we would have to use a standard issue type instead of a subtask issue type. We require all tasks under a parent ticket to be subtask issue types which makes linking issues via standard issue types not allowed.
We do not have any additional budget for any paid for plug-ins so any suggestions on how to do this for free would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Mike