Hi All,
Today i completed my active sprint in JIRA and noticed that not all stories rolled over into the next sprint (Even though i did selected them to roll into the next sprint and i did want all stories in the project in the active sprint to roll). I had to go back and find the missing stories and bulk move them into the new sprint. One thing i did notice when i found the stories was that they still contained a reference to the now closed sprint even though the stories that did roll over had something like "Sprint : Sprint 1, Sprint 2". That proved to me that those stories did in fact not roll over. I've been thinking about what could have caused this and my only conclusion/lead was the below:
I have 1 main project that has all the stories. Within this project i have created/configured multiple boards that contain their own saved filters but that run off the same sprints. I "completed" my active sprint today from the board with a more detailed filter (i.e board 1).
ex:
Board 1 = Filter is (Project in (ABC) AND ("Custom field" in (agileteam1) OR assignee is EMPTY) and issuetype in standardIssueTypes() ORDER BY Rank ASC )
- This returns 10 stories
Board 2 = Filter is (Project in (ABC) ORDER BY Rank ASC)
- This returns 30 stories
Should i have completed the sprint from board #2?