This is related to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Some-of-jira-links-point-to-localhost/qaq-p/1317799#M412573
I have uninstalled jira and installed it again fresh. Changed all "localhost" config references but it seems that they are hardcoded.
Can I get a version that is known to work ok?
Hi,
did you set the base URL?
Best
JP
Does localhost pop up in the server.xml?
Is it working, when you use the non-proxy ports?
Yes, of course.
I changed that.
The app is installed on a server without gui - so, no browser - therefore I cannot test if the links with localhost point to real images - and accessing it from another pc implies a different localhost.
I just checked on our 8.7.1 Jira with a newly created user. We use an Apache HTTPD reverse proxy in front of Jira handling SSL and other stuff.
Avatars on the mentioned page (WelcomeToJIRA.jspa) are displayed correctly:
So I assume, it might be a configuration / caching issue on your side.
Almost the same situation here - except that I am using nginx instead of apache.Is there a known incompatibility between jira and nginx?The thing is that most of jira works ok; only some of the links point to localhost.https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Some-of-jira-links-point-to-localhost/qaq-p/1317799I mean, I could add/edit projects/issues etc.
I only know of sample configurations for Apache HTTPD. We use an AJP port of Tomcat to get some better performance & handling of connections between HTTPD & Tomcat. I'm not a nginx expert...
I have uninstalled nginx and I tried to use apache; unfortunately there is another problem with apache - I get a mix of http and https links.
Can you help me with a config for apache/jira?
I followed the guidelines Securing your Atlassian applications with Apache using SSL and I get exactly the same problem as I got with nginx.
Hi Alexandru,
Looking at your problem, it may relate to how your own environment is being configured. I would say try to install a vanilla instance without any proxy being configured, or bypass your current proxy configurations to verify this.
Could you also please clarify how exactly did you _Changed all "localhost" config references but it seems that they are hardcoded_ ?
Additionally, please take a look at a KB with the basic configurations to get Jira running behind Nginx here:
Try to follow as close as you can to our recommendation.
Hope this helps!
Best regards, Akmal Harith | Atlassian Support
First time I have tested it without proxy; the same problem.
Replaced all localhost with domain.tld
I did exactly as recommended in Configure Jira server to run behind a NGINX reverse proxy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.