Is ist possible to set the required skills automatically depending on issue type?https://wiki.softwareplant.com/display/DOCUMENTATION/Skill+Widget+on+Jira+Issue+details+view
Which custom field does the skill widget use?
I use automation for jira and I want to define the required skill automatically on task creation. but therefore i need know the name of the field where the skill is stored.
Regarding the custom field part of your question, I don't think Skill is stored on a custom field - I had a problem this week where (for odd reasons) the filter for my BP program disappeared, so the program was completely emptied, on recovering the filter, and resyncing all the tickets, every single one of my skill allocations had disappeared.
This suggests to me that this is one of the data items that is stored within the BigPicture program itself, rather than on the ticket.
It also suggests to me to not rely on filters as the primary feeder for BP programs
Just to add to @vespaboy67 answer. As you noticed, skills are not stored in a custom field but this may change soon. In our backlog, we have a feature request ticket ONE-20849 which is in gathering interest status right now.
In case of having trouble accessing the link, you may try Incognito.
Cheers,
Patryk
That would be awesome. We are using BP to forecast skills based demand throughout 2020, loading estimated subtasks from a CSV file produced from an Excel Macro, so being able to set this field in the CSV would take out a manual step. I hope you prioritise this feature
Yes, I am having similar request. I am using template to import tasks into JIRA and I was wondering if I can import bigpicture skills field somehow.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.