Hello,
I was wondering if it was possible to get a list of all JIRA issues that were linked between two different commits. I want to use this information to ensure that we are only releasing commits from JIRA cases that are supposed to be included in the next release (We use a special field to indicate what cases are expected to be in the next release).
Thanks,
Ryan
Hello @[deleted],
This is exactly what Bitbucket Deployments can do for you. They show Jira issues linked to the code since the last deployment.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,Daniil
@Daniil Penkin ,
Thank you for the quick response. I will look into Bitbucket Deployments and if it's a good solution for my team. In the meantime, is there a way to do this without switching to use Bitbucket Deployments? We currently use TeamCity for our deployments and a switch to Bitbucket Deploy would be a big jump so I would like an alternative solution if possible.
Thanks again,
Unfortunately, no, there're no other ways at the moment. Such request requires some indexing of issues, which Bitbucket Deployments perform for their needs.
You don't necessarily have to fully migrate to Bitbucket Deployments in your case, it's enough to trigger deployment from Bitbucket Deployments (say, send a webhook or just create a tag which TeamCity will then pick up?).
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you, I will see if I can make a POC using Bitbucket Deployments with a web hook. Is there any documentation on using Bitbucket Deployments with a webhook? Anything to point me to the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.