We are setting up Jira Service Desk for our team and I'm not understanding what I need to do (as the admin) to enable non-agent Jira Software users (developers) to be able to transition Service Desk issues.
TIA
We have implemented Automations for Service Desk projects that Developers can access that can transition the issues. A bit clumsy, but this is a workaround.
As far as I know you cannot.
Only agents can transition JSD issues.
Wow. I'm a bit amazed. Agents create ticket, developers work on fixes and need to give updates but don't need agent licenses to do that.
But developers are used to work on JSW projects... anyway they can create internal comments to warn support team that a new bugfix has been released.
Also, you can use issue link features to trace both issues.
Oh, I understand the current state of things but that is not what I was expecting. Forcing our agents to do all of the transitioning isn't optimal. I'm looking into automatically transitioning when linked issues have changes but workflows are tricky to set up correctly.
This is a very late reply, but can't you just edit the permission scheme for the Service Desk project to allow the Developer role to transition issues?
No, the permissions for this are restricted to agents.
Hello @Janene Pappas ,I would very appreciate it if you could share the automation screenshots so I can implement it for my project too.
Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.