Greetings.
Can someone explain what the difference is between the out-of-the-box "Automation" capability and the "Project Automation" plug-in? Especially, why I would choose one over the other?
Thanks in advance!
Is this Jira or JSD?
Automation is most like the OOTB JSD automation and Project Automation is likely associated to the Automation for Jira addon. Now with Atlassian having acquired Codebarrel (vendor of A4J) it is being integrated directly into Cloud and the same may occur in time for Server. I would hope that at that time the two automations will become one.
Thanks for the reply. This is Jira ServiceDesk. I'm still not sure what the differences are, and when I should use one over another. This is quite frustrating.
I'm in the same situation and I assume "Project Automation" is the new approach and "Automation" is old approach?
If anyone can confirm this I would greatly appreciate it.
Agreed - for example, I can get OpsGenie to work via Automation but not "Project Automation". Not clear if this is expected.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.