My Repo Size is now 1.68 GB I removed the large file from all branched from bitbucket locally and remote but still repo size is too large.
Can you please advice how i can clean my remote repo to get the actual repo size?
@Ahmed Shoeib Welcome to the community!
Sometimes, some files stay attached in history or Bitbucket periodic cache clean has not kicked in yet to show you size related changes.
At this stage you can use tools like,
You must also read this KB article by Atlassian - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/reduce-repository-size-321848262.html
@DPKJ this tool will clean the local repo or the remote one because i tried this before but i didn't get how it works
I suggest you go through Atlassian's KB post that I mentioned, and meanwhile I will try and find some usage link for you.
Here is another important post, this was in my bookmark and I have used to remove file permanently and reduce repo size - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/maintaining-a-git-repository-321848291.html
Hello @Ahmed Shoeib,
Welcome to the Community.
I just ran aggressive garbage collection in your repository, and its size dropped to 1.3 GB. Not sure what was its size before you added that large file. If it is still in the history, you need to rewrite history to remove it completely like @DPKJ suggested above.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,Daniil
@Daniil Penkin Can i get which files causing my repo size to be 1.3 GB ?
Yes. There're several ways to do that, here's the one we suggest with a guide.
@Daniil Penkin i got the large file using below command fro the link you shared but can i get also which branch has this files
$ git_find_big.sh
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.