Hello, I want to use the JIRA API to access the burndown chart data but I can't figure out what is the good documentation to use : Is it this one : https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/ ?Or this one : https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/ ?
Also can I have access to the burndown chart data with one of these two ?Thank's !
@William Fargues First of all welcome to the community!
Now coming to your question,
The first is Jira Platform/Core API's.
The second one is Jira Sotware (extension to Jira Core) specific APIs'
So, if you want to build a burn-down chart based on time tracking data based on any search use Jira Core's Issue search API - https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/#api-rest-api-3-search-get
And if you want to fetch issues based on certain sprint or epic or board, using Software API's is a way to go.
You will receive time tracking data for individual issue like this,
Than you for your help ! Based on your answer I guess that there is no way to get the burndown chart for a specific sprint directly from the API.
So my question is : How can I have all the issues for a specific sprint ?Thank's !
You can use this API - https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/?#api-agile-1-0-sprint-sprintId-issue-get
API is paginated so make sure you take care of that.
When I try this API call : http://constellation.soprasteria.com/jira1/rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapid/charts/scopechangeburndownchart?rapidViewId=2269&sprintId=2966I have exactly what I want -> All the information to do a Burndown chart ordered with "Remaining Time Estimate".
The problem is that I've read Greenhopper will be completely deprecated very soon.
Using the "official" API call : http://constellation.soprasteria.com/jira1/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/2966/issueThis is not the same information as the API call with Greenhopper ... so I can't figure out how to do this type of Burndown chart with the "official" API.
Any idea ? Is that even possible ? @DPKJ Thank's !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.