Hi,
I've followed steps in repository size reduction hints, i.e. created a repository mirror, ran BFG to remove big files, GCed and pushed the changes back to bitbucket.
Now I'd like to ask for some help in understanding the results:
- I don't see any associated commit in repository history, which is probably expected since there was no commit associated with cleanup - just push from the mirror, is that right?
- Second concern is that repository size keeps reported on the same level though, even though savings should have been around 600M. Is it taking some time to reflect new repository size?
- Finally, thanks for gathering all those instructions on various topics including repo cleanup - but it would be super helpful if you followed up on validating the results and included also instructions on what should happen with existing clones (seems like they need to be dropped).
Thanks, Andrey