Hi,
I have created one project with 3 kanban boards. When I insert tasks or epics in one of the board, the action is replicated in all. The idea is to have these 3 kanban boards independetly. Can I do that?
A Kanban board is just a view of a set of Jira issues, defined by a filter (query). You need to configure each board's filter to show just the issues you want to show on that board.
Thank you for the reply! How do I do that as I do not know any programming language!
Thx
No programming language is required - other than knowledge of how to create Jira queries. How are you differentiating the issues on each of your boards? You must have some field or combination of fields that determines which board you want to see the issues on?
I have created a new label and assigned to the issue AND I have created the filter to have these tasks just on the correct board. The problem is that I am not really sure where to create the filter query. I have the queries :
labels = "board_1"
labels != "board_1"
If I succeed to set up the queries, will I be able to insert different tasks into different boards in the same projects?Thank you for the support!
Hi, I am not sure if your issue is resolved or not yet!
I have taken the similar approach. Here it is, if it helps.
One Project.
We have a 3 Dimensional requirement to see / segregate our work.
We used - Epic, Label, Component for each dimension.
Issues can be created from any screen with in the project, with correct Epic, Component, Label values to choose.
Based on Epic, Label, Component combinations, I created saved filters. Created boards based on those saved filters. So No need of optional Quick filters to be used for this purpose.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.