When trying to search all bitbucket repositories i'm getting an oops! there is a problem.
https://bitbucket.org/search?q=ext%3Apy
I'm trying to search by file extension
ext:py
or language
lang:python
Edit: solution was to include the 'search term' which is the actual file extension also, ie:
ext:py py
In the console I'm seeing this message, "Query did not contain any search terms (only modifiers)" which isn't surfacing to the UI.In any case, I think this should explain why it's not working. It appears that having a search term is required.
according to the docs this query should work, what am i missing?
Could you please provide a quote and a link for reference? Looking at this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/search-873876782.html it's not explicitly called out that you must include a search term, however, every single example, even examples about how to use and combine modifiers, all include a search term.
yes i was looking at that page, however even this does not work
ext:py NOT path:thisdontwork
https://bitbucket.org/search?q=ext%3Apy%20NOT%20path%3Athisdontwork&_ga=2.40148519.407139014.1582081421-369221027.1580165633&account=%7B915cc693-d0b9-4b17-9a0e-42041743826f%7D
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.