I have setup several Request types to handle incoming mail.
Some mail will be standard requests and others are from automated systems reporting errors. To do this I created a request type group 'EmailGrp' that contains the default 'Email Request' and two more 'email alert' types.
On 'Email Alert1' I kept the issue type as the default of 'Emailed Request'
On 'Email Alert2' I created a new issue type called 'Inbound Alert'
The only difference between Alert1 and Alert2 is the issue type.
I created an Automation rule that changes the inbound email ticket to Alert1 or Alert2 type.
Alert1 works fine, but Alert2 gives error "The request type is not applicable to issue type of the given request"
Automation Rule that generates error:
When this happens...Issue created
If these match...Issue matches:summary ~ PROD AND request-channel-type = email
Then do this...Edit request type name to "Email Alert2"
The error "The request type is not applicable to issue type of the given request" isn't giving me enough information to understand why the types aren't compatible. How do I fix?