Hello,
I have the following issue: I'm using Insight Asset Management and have 3 custom fields that have been set up to be dependent on the values selected in them.
For this purpose assume I have the following objects:
- Company (with a list of companies)
- Department (each department belongs to only 1 company)
- Employee (each employee belongs to only 1 department and as such to only 1 company)
I've created the corresponding Insight Custom fields to use them in my Jira project. They are single select fields.
When I select one of the companies I correctly see the corresponding Departments. After having selected the Department I also see the correct Employees.
The issue arises when, after having selected values for all three fields: I now go and change the Company. To my suprise the Department and Employee fields remain with the values I had set before.
I would have expected for the Department and Employee fields to reset because the Company field has changed in value.
Is there a way to force these fields to clear their incorrect values when the source field changes?
Thanks for any feedback!