I am looking for a gadget that can perform complex math calculations. I have one already that will do the basic math functions of (+-*/) but I am looking for one that can do excel calculations or something similar on jira data. For example there is a percentile.inc function in excel that shows the kth percentile of a given set of fields. Looking for something similar.
In what context are you trying to do this? In a custom field, or on a dashboard gadget?
There are a few plugins that can provide a "Calculated Custom field"
Power scripts has Power Custom Fields. Which can have a custom field that runs a sil script to determine the value. (I am sure scriptrunner has the same thing, but I don't use scriptrunner)
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210749/power-custom-fields-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview
Jira Misc Custom fields also has a calculated custom field
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/27136/jira-misc-custom-fields-jmcf?hosting=server&tab=overview
You could then use those custom fields on any dashboard gadget.
You may also want to look at Better Excel Exporter, which you can use to export a list of issues into a preformatted excel template to provide a on-demand excel report.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212652/better-excel-exporter-for-jira-xlsx?hosting=server&tab=overview
Finally look at EasyBI for more "business intelligence" style reporting.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211051/eazybi-reports-and-charts-for-jira?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview
I already have the jira misc custom fields. I am trying to do it via a gadget that will do a more complex calculation on those fields.
@Joe Harmon If you already use JMCF, then the above-mentioned Better Excel Exporter can work with JMCF field values in Excel, in case you need more complicated reporting and calculations. It may be useful to know about this possibility, even if it is not related to gadgets.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.