When creating a ticket
I want a null value for the project system field
after that from the dropdown list, will select the required project
how can I achieve that requirement
Hi @Shailesh Dhawale,
This is not possible unfortunately, when you create an issue is needs to be associated with a project, as it needs the project's key to create the issue ID (e.g. ABC-1 for the first issue in the ABC project).What you could do, is create a project called something like Pending Triage, and create issues in here that are to later be moved to another project, then these can be moved using Jira's 'Move' button and can be associated with another project. This would automatically update the issue's key to the key of the new project
Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ ,
when you create an issue is needs to be associated with a project, as it needs the project's key to create the issue ID -Absolutely correct,
But our use case is,we don't want pre select dropdown under project field,while issue creation ,we want "Please select a project " then user will need to select project from dropdown and will create an issue.Simply we want to ignore last used project which jira remembers while issue creation
Hi @cgadade, ahh I see what you mean - I assume this is so that issues aren't accidentally created in the wrong project, right? (very easily done )Unfortunately this is not possible in Jira, and there will always be a 'default' project in the dropdown menu, which is the last project that you created an issue for. I guess this is for the same reason as before, that you need to associate an issue with a project, so it was designed that way to save people time as they wouldn't need to select the same project each time they create an issue
I assume this is so that issues aren't accidentally created in the wrong project, right? (very easily done )-Correct
Thank you so much for your prompt response ,Do you have any idea about new feature of Atlassian ,are they going to add this feature in ongoing versions?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.