I have a single instance of Jira locally installed. I am using Service desk for general help desk inquiries and issues. In the case of an item where I want to escalate to the software team, I know I can manually create a new BUG item in Jira Software, and link it to the incident. I'd much rather build a custom workflow so the support rep simply changes the status or a custom field to "Escalate to DEV" and it would 1) create a bug issue, 2) move/copy all pertinent information over from the Incident to the bug and 3) Prompt for escalation information - which is a user defined survey or questionnaire.
By ensuring the data is in the right place, the BUG item would simply show up in the backlog with the appropriate Criticality and Priority and the normal scrum process could take over in terms of getting it assigned and worked.
The existing linking capability would serve to provide status updates as the bug is assigned, worked, merged into code, tested, passed testing, and available for release.
Thanks in advance!