I'm trying to create a new custom field in the "Report an incident" request type (Servidesk template).I added it to JIRA and associated it with a "default" screen scheme, but I can't add it to the request type, as it doesn't appear for selection.
so let's try this...
go to project > project settings > screens
find the screen configuration associated w/ your issuetype and click on the pencil
in the next screen click on the link displayed in the screen column
make sure the field you want is in the list of fields, if not add it at the bottom
go to project > project settings > request types
find the request type you wish to add the field to and edit fields
click on add field and see if you see it
I think my problem is at this point, "go to project> project settings> screens", in my project settings there are no screens.
I find the Screens option only in "Settings> Jira Settings> Screens"
ahhhhh.....next-gen project. :-)
Let me state that I do not use NG JSD projects (yet) so my knowledge is weak there. With that said, you add fields directly w/in the Request types as illustrated below. You do not create a custom field as you do for classic projects.
Understand!
In this case, I'm trying to add a custom dropdown field (Cascading).I can't select directly on request type, as this type of field doesn't exist there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.