Or is the process as easy as exporting from 9.5 with;
pg_dump -U $DB_USER $DB_NAME > /tmp/db_name.pgsql
& importing into psql 9.6 with;
psql -U $DB_USER $DB_NAME < /tmp/db_name.pgsql
This was discussed in this question, you may want to look at that first.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Upgrading-psql-9-5-to-9-6-for-Jira/qaq-p/1042686
But in general you should be able to dump and load, particularly between minor versions.
I was able to to do it as follows
create user jira with password '<LOOK IT UP>';
grant all privileges on database jiradb to jira;
@Kyle Manel May I know what OS are you on?
Linux.
Thanks for your assistance. I've been creating and testing on postgresql 9.5.20, but it will make sense soon, to move to a different primary version. I'll give this a go in the coming days and get back to you.
@Kyle ManelEach distribution have defined steps for upgrading Postgres without data loss.
I used this gist - https://gist.github.com/delameko/bd3aa2a54a15c50c723f0eef8f583a44 for Debian like distribution, and I had no loss of data.
Which products (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, etc) did you move your data from psql 9.5 to 9.6 with?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.