I have an old version of Jira (v5.9) not used for more than a year with very little data.
I have purchased today a Jira license for WIndows x64, and installed in Win10 x64 without a problem, including database (MS SQL 2016). Everything run smoothly after I insert the license generated.
I tried to recover from the old version the Epics and Fixed versions defined and after restoring (my mistake) now the new Jira installation is telling me that the licence expired and is too old to run the current version. So the restore also overwrite the license I added during the installation asking me for a new license. If I try to add the license purchased today, the server ID is different from the one I generated the license with.
So, what is the solution ? I am prepared to start afresh with the new version cleaning the database and added manually the data I tried to recover, as it is very little and old. Would it be possible ? Please advice.