I need to make attachment field mandatory in one of the issue type of a project only if they choose 'Yes' in response of another custom field.
Is it possible to achieve ? If yes, please help with it.
@Vishal , this is not possible out of the box. However, you can achieve this using an addon such as ScriptRunner.
Cheers.
A solution to achieving this with scriptrunner, was posted here:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-make-attachment-mandatory/qaq-p/873098
Can be done with any number of addons. You should see what ones you have in your instance and which ones can provide a validator to do your check.
The basic idea is you want a validator that check if field 1 is set and if so, that there is at least one attachment.
What add-ons do you have to work with?
Hi @Vishal
This is not possible to achieve in Jira out of the box.
You can make a field required based on input from another field using 3rd party applications.
There have been several discussions already created here which might help:
jsu Automation suit for jira
I resolved it.I changed workflow in project on issue creation step. I clicked on connection between "CREATE ISSUE" and "TO DO" (it's my first step in workflow) and added "VALIDATOR". Next step -Add validatorChoose - Field required Validator -Add
Publish Draft
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.