Hi all
If you could improve one thing about Jira, what would it be and why?
I'm curious to see what the biggest pain point is for Jira admins and users.Please specify if using server or cloud.Thank you,Mo
I personally would love to see Jira stop using the term "Project". It's so confusing for new users who always think they need to create a new Project for each new piece of work.
Also I'd like to see
A better way to delegate more "admin" level functions to project admins. There is a very big gap between "project administrator" and "Jira Administrator" would love to be able to delegate certain administrative functions to project admins. (I know there are some addons that can help, but would be nice in Jira.
For example, why cant project admins see the "permission helper" and "notification helper" tools.
If a custom field has a context limited to their project, allow them to update the context. (or even better be able to "delagate" a certain context to allow other users to edit it. So if someone wants to add something to a select list, they dont need to be a jira admin to do it.
I am sure there are lots of other cases.
Resolution Scheme currently has a suggestion ticket here and currently gathering feedback
I encourage you to vote on the feature request ticket to increase its popularity and add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed of progress going forward.
Permission Helper for project admins is a great suggestion!We do have the suggestion tickets for this created here but there haven't been many users who have voted/requested for it :
I would love to be able to
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.