I installed Jira software server trial version but unable to reach http://localhost:8080. For this reason I cannot log into my Admin account to get my server ID. I am a complete novice to the Jira installation on a local server. Any idea as to what may be preventing me from reaching the localhost:8080. Please if there is any documentation provide me the link.
Thanks
Hi @mercy neba
Have you tried checking the log files during the installation?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/important-directories-and-files-861253886.html
Start Command Prompt as Administrator.Navigate to the sub-directory where the batch file "Start-jira.bat" is located, e.g.
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Jira\binorC:\Users\cook\Atlassian\Jira\bin
Once in that sub-directory type Start-jira.bat /fg and press ENTER, to load your local host.The process should take 10 to 15 min. Once completed, go to your browser and launch localhost:8080. This should connect to your local host.
Also watch this YouTube Video:https://youtu.be/M-2_LqJuAS4
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.