I have an nFeed multiple selection field that I am using as a base category field. The user can make multiple selections.
I would like to create a rule that is triggered by issue creation that will create one sub-task for each value in this field
AND
It needs to set the value of another nFeed field (this one being a single select) in the sub-tasks. See https://doc.elements-apps.com/elements-connect/latest/tutorials-examples/tutorials-learn-how-to-configure-elements-connect/configure-dependent-select-lists/dependent-select-lists-sql-datasource
So imagine 3 tables: parent, child, grandchild.
- Parent issue has a multi-value field named "Categories" populated by the parent table.
- Subtasks have 3 dependent fields:
- Category parent (also populated by parent field)
- Category child
- Category grandchild
When the parent issue is created, Automation for Jira should, for every value in "Categories" create a sub-task where the "Category parent" field value is set to that value.
So if the parent has "Categories" values of A, B, C then there should be three subtasks, one with a Category parent value of A, another with B, and finally, another with C.
This needs to be a programmatic solution, not something where the string values are written into the rules, so that a DBA can add/remove/modify the tables as needed.
Any help would be VERY much appreciated. If you're in NYC I'll buy you a pint. Of the good stuff.